Authorized Hit-Air Dealer
(See overlay of Hit-Air vs. competitor's vest shown under the Advantage model vest).
HIT-AIR H-Model VS COMPETITOR
Quantity in Basket: None
Hit-Air vs Competition
• Hit-Air has significantly larger neck bag for the most critical body part to minimize head movement beyond the vertical position (see picture at bottom).
• Customers complain about competitor’s vest being baggy since it hangs down farther. The Hit-Air HModel
(formerly sold as Advantage) vest is more comfortable because the hip air bags are concealed
inside special dual pockets making it unnecessary to have a long “duck tailed” style that can be
uncomfortable in the saddle. The Hit-Air hip bags on all models will drop down automatically when the vest
is deployed. Likewise, the neck bag and other air bags will deploy automatically; the H-Model model
conceals the bags using Velcro closures and other models use snaps. See photos below.
• One of our customers complained that the competitor was very uncomfortable during inflation
because it inflated inward. The Hit-Air vests inflate outward; this is the reason you should not wear any
constraining jacket over the vest.
• I believe Hit-Air is cooler and more comfortable to wear due to the open design. Notice the back and
tail of both vests in particular. Hit-Air is so lightweight and VERY breathable as it is a harness rather than a
full vest; it consists of tubes that expand when the vest inflates.
• Hit-Air was significantly less expensive when I had compared equivalent models. The competitor vest
(MSRP $675) priced closest to the H-Model (Hit-Air’s highest cost vest MSRP $549) is designed to be
worn in conjunction with conventional BETA approved Level 3 body protector.
• The key box and CO2 cartridge are in a zippered compartment over the air bag, protected from dust
and dirt and provides sound insulation to minimize spooking the horse during a deployment.
• Hit-Air is the original air vest designer having developed for motorcycles in late 90’s and adapted to
equestrian in the early 2000’s.
• There are many optional Hit-Air accessories should you feel the need for added protection.